FORT WAYNE, Ind. (FOX 55) - The extreme cold temperatures are impacting many different businesses around the region, including trash pickup.
Red River Waste Solutions and Republic Services will not make collections on Wednesday morning due to the extreme cold. The Republic Services landfill and recycling center will be closed on Wednesday as well.
Service from these two companies will slide back one day, as if it were a holiday. No word yet on what their plan is for Thursday.
Red River is also asking those who use alley pickup to take the bins to the curb on the street to ensure you aren’t missed as trucks are having a hard time getting down the alleyways.
Those who use Advanced Disposal Solutions will be closed both Wednesday and Thursday of this week with no routes being driven.
If you do not use any of these trash collectors, please call your trash service company to ask if your trash will be collected.
- Trash and recycling delays due to cold
- Trash pick-up delayed for Labor Day
- Christmas tree recycling begins
- New trash days start Monday
- Council supports $12 trash refund
- City's new trash plan starts
- Lake Ave. closure delayed
- McMillen Pool delays opening
- Puppy dumped in trash finds new home
- City Council addressing trash pickup issues