DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - A Butler man escaped serious injury Thursday after deputies say he drove his car in front of a train.
The crash happened about 4:20 p.m. at the 6300 block of County Road 36.
DeKalb County Sheriff's deputies say 42-year-old Kristopher Marshall was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu over the tracks when it was a struck on the passenger side.
Deputies say Marshall told them he didn't see the train coming because of the sun.
Marshall declined medical treatment at the scene.
Deputies say the car was totaled.
- Train strikes car near Butler
- Butler fire ruled "undetermined"
- Train strikes, kills Milford teen
- Butler could soon clean up Butler Company fire rubble
- Heroes recognized after Butler fire
- Large fire reported in downtown Butler, Indiana
- Butler figuring out next steps after fire
- Butler man charged with possessing child porn
- Development plans move forward in Butler, Waterloo
- Butler Police offer reward for arson info