Norfolk Southern Railroad has informed the city of New Haven that Broadway Avenue is open, and that High Street should be opening soon. The remainder of the streets will be closed until tonight at midnight.
The city of New Haven now says that Hartzell Road at the Norfolk Southern Railroad Tracks will be closed from Friday at 12:00 p.m. until Saturday, January 6th at midnight, a total of 12 hours, due to the derailment clean up.
NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WFFT) - A train derailment in New Haven is causing Friday morning commuters to find alternate routes.
The New Haven Police Department was alerted Friday morning by Norfolk and Southern Railroad that multiple train cars were off the track.
Areas effected by the derailment include the crossings of State St., High St., Broadway Ave., and Green Rd. These crossings are blocked and not passable by vehicles.
There is not an ETA of the crossings opening back up at this time.
- Train derails in New Haven
- Train derails southeast of downtown Fort Wayne
- Baby in New Haven surrendered in Safe Haven Baby Box
- New Haven girl found safe
- McMichael announces candidacy for New Haven mayor
- New Haven woman's death ruled a homicide
- Missing New Haven teen found Wednesday
- New Haven Police investigating McDonald's robbery
- Jury Pool now open in New Haven
- New Haven Police investigate armed robbery