Photo Gallery 1 Images
Celina, OH(WFFT) - Home owners in Celina, Ohio are left picking up the pieces after a tornado rips through.
Rick Fleming's mother and sister were at home when it happened.
"Me and my wife rushed out here. It was a squad out here and everything else. The fire department was already here and they were attending to mom. At night time you couldn't see where all the destruction was until this morning to see what happened," Rick Fleming said.
Not only was the home damaged, but the family's 100 year-old barn which housed their animals was destroyed too.
Around them there were downed tree limbs, wood with exposed nails, housing installation, roof shingles.
There's similar damage next door and across the street on Mud Pike Road and State Road 118.
"Part of the home is in the back where the structure of the barn blew in and we had wood that actually hit my mom through the glass window. The barn was destroyed the machine shed is destroyed and we had a garage off to the side. Everything is totally destroyed. I had a horse back there. He was trapped back there, so it took four of us to get him out last night. We took him down to a neighbors place to tend to and I got chickens running round back there and ducks running around," Fleming explained.
His sister was hurt and released from the hospital.
His mother suffered brutal injuries to the face and is still in the hospital being treated.
Severe storms are also expected for Tuesday night, so they are sealing up the home in preparation.
- Tornado rips through Celina, Ohio
- Celina cleaning up after weekend tornado
- Tornadoes ripped through Ohio tearing apart homes and damaging schools. Thousands are still under threat
- Celina man wanted for attacking wife, considered armed and dangerous
- Celina student suspended for project meant to honor fallen soldiers
- 'I looked up and I no longer had a roof.' A tornado ripped this Ohio man's home to shreds in seconds
- 8 injured in Mercer County, Ohio after possible tornado
- EF-1 tornado hits Warsaw
- Beach club owner rips into freeloading Instagram 'influencers'
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled