FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Boys and Girls Club plans on teaching future generations the trades. And the final beam is complete for what they are calling "Project Blueprint."
The construction site is where all the action will happen. They are hoping "Project Blueprint" will inspire interest at a young age. The president and CEO of the Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne says it's all about the kids, which is why they let them sign a part of the final beam.
"They've been on site every week watching the construction," said Joe Jordan, President and CEO of the Boys and Girls Club Fort Wayne. "And then they got a chance to sign the hightest beam in the building, so they'll be part of this building. Their name will be part of this building as long as the structure up, their name will represent they were here at the beginning."
The project is expected to be complete by spring of next year.
- Topping out complete at new Fort Wayne Boys & Girls Club
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne construction begins Friday
- Pufferbelly Trail in Fort Wayne complete
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne unveils plans for new facility
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne starts demolition of facility
- I&M and Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne wrap up 6-week learning program
- Beach Boys cancels Fort Wayne concert
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Boys and Girls Club celebrate Christmas Saturday
- Boys & Girls Club receives large donation