FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The death of 2 -year-old Malakai Michael Garrett of Fort Wayne has been ruled a homicide. He died of blunt force injury to the abdomen.
Detectives with the Fort Wayne Police Department arrested 27-yea- old Mitchell Vanryn of Fort Wayne Thursday in connection to the death investigation of Garrett. Vanryn WAS arrested on preliminary charges of Level 1 Felony Aggravated Battery and Level 2 Felony Domestic Battery. This investigation is still active and ongoing.
Garrett is the 36th homicide victim in Allen County this year.
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- Shooting death ruled a homicide; victim identified
- New Haven woman's death ruled a homicide
- Toddler's death under investigation
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest
- Aunt of homicide victim speaks out about toddler's death
- Suspect in toddler's death arrested
- Suspicious death in La Fontaine rule a homicide
- Victim identified in Baxter Street death investigation, death ruled a homicide
- Fort Wayne man formally charged in beating death of toddler