FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The death of a two-year-old back in January was ruled a homicide.
Police said Jocelyn Dawn Rana Belcher was strangled to death. The girl died on January 27. Police were called to her home soon after.
Now her mother, Crystal Marie Belcher, 28, is facing charges for neglect of a dependent causing serious bodily injury and neglect of a dependent placing that person in danger.
Belcher was arrested Thursday night, but released on $12,500 bail. Belcher will be back in court next week.
Police are also searching for a person of interest in this case, 30-year-old Shane Patton. Patton is described as a white male, 5'9, and around 200 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call the non-emergency police line at 260-427-1222.
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- UPDATE: Police searching for person of interest in Thursday homicide
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court
- Police seeking person of interest in motel death
- Police seeking person of interest in death investigation
- Person of interest no longer being considered in homicide investigation
- Toddler's death under investigation
- New Haven woman's death ruled a homicide
- Shooting death ruled a homicide; victim identified