FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Senator Todd Young stopped by the Fort Wayne housing authority Thursday afternoon.
Senator Young spoke with community leaders to get a better idea about the impact of affordable housing here in Fort Wayne. Affordable housing a big focus of Young's Fair Shot Agenda which focuses on opportunity, safety, health, and creating a smarter and more efficient government.
"I'm already legislating in this space trying to make sure that the negative, profound and lasting consequences of not having affordable housing is something over a number of years mitigate substantially. So i'm here to learn whatever i can so that will inform my legislation in Washington," said Sen. Young.
Senator Young says he hopes in the future, people will have access to affordable housing close to where their jobs and schools are and he hopes to improve how programs operate to increase mobility for families.
Senator Young also toured Tall Oaks, Brooklyn Manor, McCormick and Slocum Pointe, four Fort Wayne Housing Authority properties.
- Senator Todd Young visits Fort Wayne Housing Authority
- Senator Mike Braun visits Fort Wayne
- Indiana Senator Todd Young hosts 'Fair Shot Agenda' roundtable
- Fort Wayne Housing Authority opening Housing Choice Voucher waiting list
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne Housing Authority breaks ground on River's Edge
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Purdue University Fort Wayne holds spring campus visit
- Purdue University Fort Wayne hosts spring campus visit