ALBION, Ind. (WFFT) - Three people have been charged with murder after a double homicide in Noble County Monday.
Justin Adams, 30, and Amanda Feldstein, 39, were killed around 9 p.m. Monday at the Riverside Villa in Ligonier.
Noble County Prosecutor Eric Blackman said it all started as an attempt to steal a designer purse disguised as a drug deal.
"The senselessness of this case is almost with out words," said Blackman.
Blackman filed murder charges against Michael Johnson, 35; Tiffani Cox, 30; and Kyra Frost, 25 Friday.
Court documents said Johnson told investigators he killed Adams and Feldstein while trying to steal a purse.
"There is belief that Mr. Johnson engages in buying and selling of these designer purses," Blackman said.
He said several purses were found in Johnson's car when he was arrested after a police chase in Noble and Stueben Counties.
However, the semi-automatic, large-caliber handgun believed to be used in the shooting wasn't there.
That has Blackman worried.
"We believe it represents a danger in the sense if it was abandoned, especially in a rural area, a child or someone may find it and think its a toy," said Blackman.
Blackman said he has enough evidence to prosecute the case without the gun.
Police encourage anyone who might find a gun along the side of the road to give them a call.
- Three charged in Ligonier murder
- New charges filed in Ligonier double murder
- Trial begins for Ligonier murder suspect
- Man guilty in Ligonier double murder
- Ligonier homicide victims identified
- Ligonier giving employees raises
- Ligonier man arrested on child pornography charges
- Police investigating double homicide in Ligonier
- One suspect in Ligonier double homicide sentenced to prison
- Murder charge filed in Indiana deputy's death