FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The News-Sentinel made significant staffing changes Friday, laying off most of its employees.
The News-Sentinel general manger Pete Van Baalen told FOX 55 the changes were made because of budget cuts facing many media outlets.
Last year, The News-Sentinel stopped publishing the afternoon newspaper and went digital with an editorial page in the Journal Gazette.
Van Baalen said those will continue.
- News-Sentinel makes significant staffing cuts, keeping editorials
- Critics bemoan New York Times' decision to stop running editorial cartoons
- Indianapolis makes Amazon headquarters cut, but not Gary
- Cedarville Elementary students "Make The Cut" for a good cause
- Manchester University making cuts to certain programs in cost cutting move
- FWCS keeping Kindergarten cut off at August 1 despite state funding changes
- Emmy nominations 2019: See if your favorite shows make the cut
- New training for NWS helping keep you safe
- Salmonella outbreak linked to cut melon
- Ribbon cut on 50th Three Rivers Festival