DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) — The Henry Ford in suburban Detroit has acquired more than 6,600 Hallmark Keepsake ornaments from an Indiana collector.
The museum complex in Dearborn focuses on American innovation and says the collection includes Christmas, Easter, Halloween miniatures and lighted ornaments.
Some will be displayed this holiday season.
The entire collection is expected to go on display next year.
They were acquired from The Party Shop in Warsaw, Indiana, that also was home to the Hallmark Ornament Museum.
The Henry Ford says it was contacted about acquiring the collection upon the owners’ decision to retire.
Hallmark has introduced more than 8,500 ornaments and more than 100 ornament series since 1973.
The Henry Ford President Patricia Mooradian says “Hallmark’s Keepsake ornaments have become an essential part of Americans’ holiday traditions.”
- The Henry Ford gets collection of 6,600 Hallmark ornaments from Warsaw
- EF-1 tornado hits Warsaw
- Warsaw man dies after hitting school bus
- Man shot near Creighton and Warsaw
- Silver Alert CANCELED for missing Warsaw man
- Warsaw's Harrison Mevis Signs with Mizzou
- Mayor Henry holds recognition ceremony
- Local Riley kid chosen to decorate Christmas ornament
- Hallmark Channel apologizes for pulling ads featuring same-sex weddings
- Stabbing suspect charged with murder, Warsaw residents react