FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-The Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana held their 45th gourmet dinner Tuesday night at the Grand Wayne Center.
The guest speaker this year was Hall of Fame football player Terry Bradshaw.
This is one of their biggest events throughout the year.
Not only does it give them a chance to fundraise, it gives them a chance to get more mentors for their mentees.
"Having big sports guys like Terry Bradshaw is huge for us because it brings in a lot of men. Right now there's about 500 children on the waiting list. 70% of them are boys," marketing coordinator Elijah Rider said.
Rider said last year they raised over a half million from this dinner.
- Terry Bradshaw speaks at Big Brothers Big Sisters dinner
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters holds graduation party
- Big Brothers Big Sisters hold champagne brunch
- Big Brothers Big Sisters celebrates new branding
- Big Brothers Big Sisters holds 15th annual Brad Miller Gala fundraiser
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana introduce new STEM program
- Start Something Big: Dominic
- Start Something Big- Emily
- Start Something Big - Rovenio