RICHMOND, Ind. (WFFT)- A teenage suspect is dead after an incident at Dennis Middle School in Richmond Thursday morning.
Richmond is located 97 miles south of Fort Wayne.
Indiana State Police tweeted about the incident just after 9:00 a.m.
Police confronted the teenage suspect outside of the middle school, and he ran inside before exchanging shots with the officers.
That suspect died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound after shooting out the glass of a locked door.
Police said no one else was hurt thanks to a quick response time, and a tip about the possible threat.
- Teenage suspect dead in shooting at Richmond school
- Teenager dead in Huntington County crash
- Opioid crisis affects teenagers
- Federal official identifies Florida school shooting suspect
- Suspect in custody in kidnap, rape of teenage girl
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Five dead in church shooting
- One man dead after shooting
- Huntington shooting leaves one dead
- At least 8 dead in Houston-area school shooting