Photo Gallery 1 Images
BUTLER, Ind. (WFFT)- A video shared over 200 times on social media sparks major disappointment in the actions of a former teacher at Eastside High School.
That video shows an American flag in the trash. The superintendent, Dr. Jeffrey Stephens said that staff was broken.
The teacher resigned earlier last week. The video added fuel to the fire on Friday.
"He was cleaning off his desk and didn't think about what he was doing, or what sort of image that sent to students," Stephens said.
As a result, the post has the school going over flag etiquette in all the English classes.
"I've always heard about the power of social media. This is the first time I've experienced it at this degree.
I guess I am proud of my community and students because they were very upfront that they thought this was wrong, and they wanted something done," he explained.
Dr. Stephens said he didn’t know why the teacher resigned.
The school did explain what to do if a flag is no longer fit to serve as a symbol to the country telling students about the American Legion's dignified flag burning ceremony often on Flag Day which is June 14th.
- Teacher resigns after video goes viral
- Fort Wayne server's video goes viral after homophobic note left in place of tip
- Video of airline passenger using screen with bare feet goes viral
- McCain treated for viral infection, doctor says
- Huntington North principal resigns
- Teachers receiving thanks during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Parke County teacher resigns, assistant fired in connection to allegations of an inappropriate relationship with student
- Video of draft horses pulling a semi goes viral as Mabel man goes back to Amish roots
- Ohio father's lesson on bullying goes viral
- Coroner responds to viral social media posts about Taemon Blair