Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- John F. Popp, President of Perfection Bakeries, Inc., DBA Aunt Millie’s Bakeries, announced Monday that the company’s downtown properties are being sold to Sweetwater Sound, Inc.
Aunt Millie’s corporate offices and approximately 125 jobs will remain at the current facility at 350 Pearl St., through a leaseback of space to accommodate those needs.
Aunt Millie’s Fort Wayne Bakery closed in April, but the iconic Sunbeam sign will remain on top of the building. The properties include the former bakery and office building and approximately eight acres of other buildings and parking lots.
This purchase is unrelated to the $76.4 million dollar expansion project announced last week by Sweetwater at its US Highway 30 campus.
- Sweetwater Sound, Inc. buys Aunt Millie's property downtown
- Sweetwater buys internet provider
- Aunt Millie's to close Fort Wayne bakery
- Sweetwater, Weigand Construction holds topping out ceremony
- Sweetwater adding new facility and jobs to US 30 location
- Aunt of 2 shooting victims speaks to WFFT
- Aunt of homicide victim speaks out about toddler's death
- Waterloo's town council rejects buying property for community center
- Purdue University Fort Wayne music programs to be housed on Sweetwater campus
- Purchase agreement in place for City to buy North River property