CONVOY, Ohio (WFFT) - The Allen County, Ohio Sheriff's Office released new information about a high speed chase that ended in Van Wert County Tuesday.
Deputies said Terry Pierce, Jr., 46, was shot and killed by Allen County, Ohio SWAT members Tuesday morning on U.S. 30 after leading police on a chase.
The sheriff's office said Pierce stole a semi from Van Wert and was driving in Spencerville, Ohio.
A Spencerville police officer tried to stop him, but Pierce didn't stop, leading police on a two hour chase.
The chase ended on U.S. 30 near Convoy, Ohio.
It's still not clear how many officers shot Pierce or how many times he was shot.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Suspect shot and killed by Ohio police after chase identified
- Man killed by police identified
- Suspect hits another car during police chase
- Police need help identifying downtown robbery suspect
- Police seek help identifying robbery suspect
- Stabbing victim and suspect identified
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- Suspect dies in fatal crash after police chase
- Ohio teen accused of killing neighbor
- Soldier from Bryan, Ohio killed in Afghanistan