FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A Fort Wayne man is in custody after kidnapping and raping a 15-year-old girl.
Police arrested 35-year-old William James Ray on various charges after he allegedly kidnapped the girl from her bus stop Thursday morning.
The victim was talking to a friend on her cell phone when it happened. The friend called the victim's mom and said she was in danger.
Ray apparently took the victim to another location where he sexually assaulted her. When he was done, he took her back to the bus stop.
Around that time, the victim's mother arrived at the bus stop and found Ray holding her daughter. She yelled at him and chased him on foot.
Officers found Ray and he was treated at a hospital before being arrested.
- Suspect in custody in kidnap, rape of teenage girl
- Suspect arrested, collapses in custody
- Opioid crisis affects teenagers
- Suspect in custody after two county manhunt
- Man accused of shooting ex-girlfriend, teenage girl appears in court
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash
- Teenager dead in Huntington County crash
- Trial date set for teenager accused of reckless homicide
- One in custody after early morning manhunt
- Police searching for people in connection with robbery and kidnapping