FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The man accused of killing April Tinsley 30 years ago wants his trial moved out Allen County.
Court records show John D. Miller's attorneys filed a motion Thursday requesting a change of venue.
Miller is accused of sexually assaulting and killing April in 1988.
In July 2018, police arrested him at his Grabill home after matching his DNA in public databases.
Miller's request is scheduled to be heard by a judge Friday morning.
As of Thursday night, his trial was scheduled to begin in February.
- Suspect in April Tinsley's murder requests change of venue
- April Tinsley's accused killer requests change of venue
- Trial set for April Tinsley's alleged murderer
- Sentencing on Friday for April Tinsley's murderer
- April Tinsley's mom questions suspected killer's motive
- Residents talk about changes after April Tinsley's death
- Suspect in Meijer gas station shooting requests change of court venue
- April Tinsley case featured on Investigation Discovery
- Arrest made in April Tinsley case
- April Tinsley's accused killer pleads guilty