FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Two people were hurt after a suspect hit another vehicle during a police chase early Wednesday morning.
Just after midnight, a Fort Wayne Police Department officer saw a vehicle cross the center line and drive in the wrong lane of traffic near Broadway and Creighton Avenue.
The officer attempted to stop the driver, but he refused to pull over and and led the officer on a chase.
The pursuit ended in the 1300 block of West Washington Blvd. when the suspect struck a westbound vehicle. He was taken into custody in a nearby front yard, but was injured in the crash and transported to a local hospital.
He was upgraded to good condition at the hospital.
The woman in the other vehicle complained of head and neck pain and was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Right now it's unclear if alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash.
An investigation found the suspect has an active warrant, but police are working to determine his current criminal charges.
- Suspect hits another car during police chase
- Suspect dies in fatal crash after police chase
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- Fort Wayne Police car hit while responding to crash
- One, dead, five injured after police chase
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Brother, sister arrested after police chase
- Authorities: Driver dies following police chase, shooting
- Woman hit by a car, seriously hurt
- Woman dies after being hit by car