The Kosciusko County Sherriff's Department attempted to locate and stop a vehicle that had been reported stolen, and a chase ensued.
The suspect, 57 year-old William D. Kent of Pierceton, IN, crashed into two trees after leaving the roadway at the intersection of State Road 5 and County Road 400 South.
The vehicle, which was a 2013 Chrerolet pickup truck, was totaled in the crash, and Mr. Kent's injuries have been reported by authorities to be fatal.
The incident is being investigated by the Whitley and Kosciusko County Sherriff's Departments.
- Suspect dies in fatal crash after police chase
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- Whitley County Sheriff K-9 dies in crash after police chase
- Suspect hits another car during police chase
- Authorities: Driver dies following Fort Wayne police chase, shooting
- Sheriff: Alcohol suspected in 3-car fatal crash in Van Wert
- Suspect shot and killed by Ohio police after chase identified
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Battery victim dies, suspect arrested
- Indiana police officer fatally shot