FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say a 26-year-old man has died after being shot following a police chase and crash.
The Fort Wayne Police Department said officers were patrolling about 2 a.m. Wednesday when they heard gunshots and spotted a vehicle that sped away when they tried to stop it. A release from police says the driver crashed into an apparently vacant house and was shot at some point.
No officers were injured.
The Allen County coroner's office identified the man as Shaquille I. Kelly of Fort Wayne and said an autopsy determined that he was shot in the chest. His death was classified as a homicide, but it remains under investigation by Fort Wayne police, state police and the Allen County prosecutor's office and coroner's office.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Authorities: Driver dies following police chase, shooting
- Driver with 82 points leads police on multi-county chase
- Suspect dies in fatal crash after police chase
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- Whitley County Sheriff K-9 dies in crash after police chase
- Indiana man dies in police-involved shooting
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Off-duty Los Angeles police officer dies after shooting
- One, dead, five injured after police chase
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A