FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say a 26-year-old man has died after being shot following a police chase and crash.
The Fort Wayne Police Department said officers were patrolling about 2 a.m. Wednesday when they heard gunshots and spotted a vehicle that sped away when they tried to stop it.
A release from police says the driver crashed into an apparently vacant house and was shot at some point.
No officers were injured.
The Allen County coroner's office identified the man as Shaquille I. Kelly of Fort Wayne and said an autopsy determined that he was shot in the chest.
His death was classified as a homicide, but it remains under investigation by Fort Wayne police, state police and the Allen County prosecutor's office and coroner's office.
- Authorities: Driver dies following Fort Wayne police chase, shooting
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Fort Wayne Police investigating Thursday night shooting
- Fort Wayne police searching for man who robbed Chase Bank
- Autopsy reveals Fort Wayne Police Officer died from heart attack
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Man injured in Fort Wayne shooting
- One wounded in Fort Wayne shooting
- Judge allows lawsuit over Fort Wayne police shooting