FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man was charged in connection with a shooting on Hamilton Avenue back on July 29th.
FOX 55 previously reported a man was in critical condition after a shooting in the 800 block of Hamilton Avenue.
Police arrested Deon M. Sanders, 33, on charges of battery by means of a deadly weapon, carrying a handgun without a license, carrying a handgun with a felony, and criminal recklessness committed with a deadly weapon.
According to a probable cause affidavit, a woman approached police saying someone had shot her boyfriend, James Bartley III. The woman asked Bartley if Sanders had shot him, and he said, "Ya."
The woman told police Sanders is her child's dad. She said she and Bartley were visiting friends when Bartley went outside to ride his hoverboard. A short time later, he called the woman and said he had been shot.
Bartley later told police he was riding his hoverboard on Hamilton Avenue and saw Sanders on a porch on Weisser Park and Hamilton.
According to the affadavit, Sanders told Bartley, "This is my block," and pulled a black revolver from his shirt before shooting.
Bartley was hit with the gun at least five times. He sustained injuries to his left side, left thigh, and right foot.
A no contact order has been issued. Sanders will be in court on August 9th for a hearing.
- Suspect charged in Hamilton Ave. shooting
- One man in critical condition after Hamilton Ave. shooting
- Victims identified in Creighton Ave shooting
- Lake Ave. closure delayed
- Lake Ave. closed January 3rd
- House barricade on Masterson Ave
- One hurt in over night shooting on McKinnie Ave.
- One dead, one critically hurt in shooting on Congress Ave.
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Police clear Tennessee Ave. apartments after gunshots