FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Fort Wayne police have identified the man they say robbed a credit union Tuesday.
Investigators confirmed 59-year-old Michael D. Coates was involved in the 5:06 p.m. robbery at 3Rivers Federal Credit Union on YMCA Park Drive East.
Coates has been charged with two counts of Robbery, level 5 Felony.
Police said the suspect entered the building and stated "Put a grand up here. I was here last week."
Police were able to track Coate's using his phone with the help of his son who told police that his father was the person in the photo from the previous robbery.
They say Coates was arrested around 5:45 p.m. just over the Ohio state line on U.S. Route 24.
He was transported to the Fort Wayne Police Station for questioning and admitted that he was the person in the video footage.
There was a reported bank robbery at this same bank less than a week ago and police said Tuesday Coates confessed to commiting both robberies.
- Police identify man arrested in Fort Wayne bank robbery
- Man arrested after bank robbery Tuesday
- Police investigate bank robbery attempt
- Police asking for public's help identifying bank robbery suspect
- Police: Missing Fort Wayne man found dead
- Fort Wayne police asking for help identifying persons of interest
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Coroner identifies Fort Wayne man killed in stabbing
- IDENTIFIED: Fort Wayne man dead after Euclid Avenue shooting
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins