FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A suspect wanted out of Miami County is in critical condition after he collapsed in custody Sunday afternoon.
Officers responded around 4:15 p.m. to LKQ Pick Your Part at 4820 Moeller Road in reference to a wanted suspect possibly being in the area and driving a stolen truck.
An officer in the area found the truck that was described and parked his cruiser out of view until the suspect came out of the business.
A short time later, two women and a man pushing a wheelbarrow came outside. As it turns out, the man worked at the business.
He saw officers there and fled. He made his way over a security fence and ran along two sets of railroad tracks. Officers chased him until they captured him in an empty coal car.
Once he was in custody, police said he went into cardiac arrest and collapsed. Officers administered CPR and he was taken to a local hospital where he's still in critical condition.
The two women with him were both arrested. One had an active warrant, and the other had narcotics with her.
- Suspect arrested, collapses in custody
- Suspect in custody after two county manhunt
- Lafontaine murder suspect arrested
- Kroger shooting suspect arrested
- Suspect in custody in kidnap, rape of teenage girl
- Murder suspect arrested in Mississippi
- Suspect in toddler's death arrested
- Battery victim dies, suspect arrested
- Suspect arrested from July homicide
- The man suspected of fatally shooting an Alabama police officer is in custody, officials say