NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WFFT)- A New Haven man was being held in the beating death of his mother, until Thursday night. 42-year-old Chad Ingram was released at 6:30 Saturday evening.
He was arrested for domestic battery Saturday after his 61-year-old mom, Heidi Colley was found dead inside her home in New Haven. He was charged with domestic battery.
According to an affidavit, Ingram was sitting on the couch inside his mother's home while she lay dead and naked on the floor in the next room.
The affidavit says Ingram has several documented reports of abuse to his mother with the New Haven Police Department. Ingram has not been charged with the murder of his mother.
His preliminary charges have been dropped. The case is still under investigation.
- Man arrested in mother's death released from jail
- Man mistakenly released from Indiana jail back behind bars
- Arrest made in stabbing death
- Arrest made in infant death
- Suspect in toddler's death arrested
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court
- Identity, cause of death released for man involved in US 30 incident
- Van Wert Police release more details on infant death investigation
- Cause of death released for Dr. Michael Cozzi
- Mother's Day Downtown