FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A sea of pink overtook the front of Planned Parenthood Monday evening.
All of them there showing support for what Planned Parenthood does.
Among them was Kaitlin Martin who said she was shocked to hear the facility was closing.
"Yeah, basically that, uh, what's going on and just anger, sadness, fear for those who don't," Martin said. "I'm lucky enough to have access to other health care but some people don't have the opportunity and here it's just like, you need help? Planned Parenthood."
The original intent of the rally was to advocate for what the center does ahead of President Donald Trump's Supreme Court announcement.
Christie Gillespie with Planned Parenthood Advocates of Indiana and Kentucky says they're glad so many people came out to support that and the closure.
"I can tell you as I've gone across the state, we have supporters, more supporters than you can imagine," Gillespie said. "And to see this kind of outpouring of support just means so much. and more importantly means so much to our patients which is why we're here."
Supporters were urged to continue rallying to show the Fort Wayne community people care.
People like AJ Lorenzini and Kaitlin Martin say they plan to continue advocating.
"There's been so much misinformation given out about what Planned Parenthood does and even the true facts that have been put out have oftentimes been spun in a way that is misleading so I think it's important to make sure that the support is here," Lorenzini said.
"I know there are other health care services in Fort Wayne," Martin said. "Hopefully those have access to that information and are able to find people who will help them find the help that they need for their own bodies, their own rights for health care."
Although there are people who don't support Planned Parenthood, there wasn't anybody rallying against the supporters.
We're told supporters might even rally at the upcoming Three Rivers Festival.
- Supporters rally around Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky announce Fort Wayne health center closing
- Pro-Life supporters march downtown for Right to Life Rally
- Second amendment supporters rally at the Allen County courthouse
- President Trump rallies support for Mike Braun in Fort Wayne
- Dozens rally to support investigation into Russian election hacking
- Activists plan rally to call for Indiana AG's resignation
- North River property proposal gaining more support
- Family, supporters seek justice for Malakai
- Students show support for show choir director