FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Superior Lofts near the Riverfront is set to open for residents this summer.
The CEO of Real America gave Mayor Tom Henry and FOX 55 a tour of the renovated space Wednesday.
The building was first built in 1905 and is now being converted into 72 loft-style apartments featuring high ceilings, granite counter tops, and views of the city.
The building also has 21,000 square feet of commercial space and storage.
The $9.8 million project is one of the first private developments to be completed in the Riverfront district.
It's expected to be a popular living space for all ages.
"There's really this movement across the country to live downtown and into more urban areas for all ages, so we really haven't found a specific target right now, which is great. We love that," said Rhonda Weybright, CEO of Real America.
Rent prices on the apartments start around $580 and go up to $1500.
- Superior Lofts to open this summer
- Superior Lofts now accepting tenants
- Bottle Works Lofts holds grand opening
- Allen County Superior Court holds Drug Court graduation
- Allen Superior Court Adoption Day brings over forty kids to forever homes
- Home for LGBTQ youth to open in Indianapolis this summer
- Farm stand opens in southeast neighborhood for the summer
- Clyde Theatre announces several summer concerts
- Popularity increasing for area STEM summer camps
- Watch for motorcycles this summer season