MINGORA, Pakistan (AP) - Pakistan's army says a suicide attack on a military unit has killed three soldiers and wounded seven in Swat Valley, in the Kabal area.
A military statement says the suicide bomber detonated his explosives' vest near an empty lot used by the soldiers for sports and exercise on Saturday.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and are searching for possible accomplices of the bomber.
No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
Islamic militants ruled the picturesque Swat Valley from 2007 until a massive military operation routed them from the area in 2009. The operation involved evacuating 2 million people from the valley. They were able later to return to their homes.
Saturday's attack was the first in over three years in the valley.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suicide bombing kills three
- Bomb threats reported nationwide
- Bombs tear through Sri Lankan churches and hotels, killing more than 200 people
- Trump confirms al Qaeda underwear bomb maker killed two years ago
- Second graders get demonstration of bomb robot
- Men identified murder-suicide on Calhoun Street
- Number of suicides in Allen County increase
- Suicide Prevention Week helping erase the stigma
- NYPD: Package sent to CNN had possible live bomb
- Woman fools package thief with 'glitter bomb'