FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Another road is scheduled be closed for several weeks begining Tuesday.
State Boulevard between Wells and Clinton streets will be closed for two months.
That's so NIPSCO can move gas lines for the State Boulevard relocation project.
The road will be widened and straighten in that area next year.
Other utilities will have to also relocate infrastructure, but they shouldn't need the road to close.
State is expected be closed until November 28.
In the meantime, city leaders are urging people to use Wells Street, Fernhill Avenue, and Lima Road/Clinton Street/Spy Run to get around.
- State Boulevard to close for gasline relocation
- State Boulevard reopens
- Drivers react to State Boulevard closure
- Horizon Christian Academy relocates to Abundant Life Church
- Intersection of Coldwater Road and Coliseum Boulevard to get new turn lanes
- Harrison College closing all campuses in 3 states
- Covington Elementary closed Monday
- Lake Ave. closed January 3rd
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Farmers watching NAFTA negotiations closely