FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A standoff between a man and Fort Wayne Police on the city's northeast side ended peacefully Tuesday morning.
Fort Wayne Police were called to a house on the 6700 block of Cherry Hill Parkway and the Cherry Hill subdivision a little before 9:30 a.m. Tuesday morning for a welfare check. Family members of the man at the home became worried about his mental state.
When officers arrived to check on the man he refused to come outside. Once officers discovered there were weapons in the house, the hostage negotiation team was called to the scene.
After about an hour, officers deployed a distraction device to get the man out of his home. The man surrendered peacefully and nobody was hurt in the incident.
Charges are not expected to be filed.
- Standoff on northeast side ends peacefully
- Police standoff ends peacefully Tuesday
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- Two new grocery stores coming to northeast side
- Update: Shooting victim on Fort Wayne's northeast side identified
- One dead in shooting on Fort Wayne's northeast side
- Severe storms pound Northeast Indiana
- Unemployment falls across northeast Indiana
- Burglary suspect surrenders after standoff
- Fire damages southeast side house