FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The CEO of St. Joseph Hospital has resigned.
Geoff Thomas with Lutheran Health Network says Karen Fordham is leaving for another job out of state.
Employees and medical staff were made aware of Fordham's departure on Monday.
Fordham started with the hospital back in January of this year.
You might remember the investigation into comments Fordham made against former CEO Brian Bauer.
According to a police report Fordham said Bauer "should be shot and killed," in reference to a lawsuit between Lutheran and Bauer.
The investigation found there was no credible threat against Bauer.
Lisa Dolan will serve as interim CEO as the search begins for Fordham's replacement.
- St. Joseph Hospital CEO resigns
- St. Joseph Hospital chooses new CEO
- Childbirth services ending at St. Joseph Hospital
- Hacienda HealthCare CEO, 9 other top officials resigning
- St. Joseph's burn unit loses verification from association
- Search in St. Joseph River called off for the night
- CEO questions Michindoh Aquifer's existence
- Dupont Hospital unveils Lutheran Children's Hospital expansion
- Lutheran Health Network suing former CEO
- Former LHN CEO must return intellectual property