FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Some special education students from New Haven High School have been working since December to make Valentines for patients at Parkview Randallia.
It's all a part of a district-wide kindness project.
The students' teacher said it's humbling for the students to see the reaction of the patients when they receive their Valentine, and it builds social skills.
"With the special needs kids, it gets them outside of the school and in a different environment. So, they have an opportunity to communicate and socialize with others," said Cindy Boettcher, the special education teacher.
- Special education students from EACS deliver Valentines to Parkview patients
- EACS implement seat belts
- Leo LGBT+ student ran club sues EACS
- Parkview Huntington expanding
- Parkview opens in Wabash
- EACS meeting with parents over school safety
- EACS to stock schools with Narcan
- EACS hosts 'Principal for a Day'
- Parkview opening new cancer center
- Parkview announces new medical tower