FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A fire damaged a Fort Wayne home as the cold air moved into the area early Wednesday.
Crews responded around 1:00 a.m. to 4438 Winter Street and found smoke coming from the home.
Nobody was hurt, but a person who uses a wheelchair was rescued from the house.
Investigators said there were multiple space heaters plugged in, which likely overloaded the electrical system and caused the blaze.
- Space heater causes house fire in first few hours of arctic temperatures
- Brutal Arctic Air This Week
- Weather Blog: Another blast of Arctic air
- 2 workers hurt when heater explodes at Indiana high school
- An Arctic blast is bringing a week of below-freezing temperatures to parts of the eastern United States
- Weather blog: Arctic air likely to break records
- Farmers trying to keep livestock comfortable during arctic blast
- New housing, retail space going up in downtown Fort Wayne
- DeKalb Humane Society extends hours
- Charly Butcher calling hours released