FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Indiana Michigan Power gave a $100,000 check to the Soarin' Hawk Raptor Rehabilitation Center for their new facility.
The donation equals one third of the cost of building the new facility on Lima Road. Soarin' Hawk provides wildlife conservation and education to help multiple birds.
"It's an affirmation of what we do," said Michael Dobbs, Vice President of Soarin' Hawk Raptor Rehabilitation Center. "We've been rescuing and releasing and doing this, and to have a corporation stand up and say 'This is important. We care enough about it to help you build out a place where you can actually do this for the next 20 or 50 years,' that was just really nice."
I & M and Soarin' Hawk began working together in wildlife conservation in 1993.
- Soarin' Hawk receives generous donation
- Soarin' Hawk breaks ground on new facility
- FWPD's K9 unit receives generous donation
- Posterity Heights receives generous investment
- Stephen Hawking dead at 76
- YWCA receives generous gift from Vera Bradley
- Boys & Girls Club receives large donation
- Columbia City receiving K-9 vest donation
- Black Hawk Down pilot in Fort Wayne
- Veterans National Memorial Shrine and Museum receiving generous help