FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Stepping out the door this morning you might not have thought the wet roads would be slick enough to cause an accident, but many early morning commuters would tell you otherwise.
"Pretty wet and slippery." These are the words drivers used to described the roads Friday morning after a Winter mix hit Northeast Indiana overnight.
"You better take your time driving today. The roads are super slick. They're just gonna get worse," said Larry Mcguire.
Drivers like Mcguire are doing what they can to get off the snow covered streets.
"Get your running over with now and get back to the house," he said.
Others are drastically reducing their speed to keep themselves safe.
"I drove 40 miles an hour, maybe that was wrong, but I was safe. I just worry somebody else would lose it and slide in front of me," said Tom Bice.
Bice saw an accident on I-69 on his way to Parkview.
"Two vehicles were going fast in the left lane and all of a sudden, about a quarter mile ahead, all of a sudden they just spun around and whacked each other," he said.
Bice said the best advice he can give to drivers as the Winter weather comes in this weekend: "Slow down and be careful because the roads are slick...In fact, if you can, stay home."
Drivers can expect cold temperatures for the rest of the weekend, and we may see more snow overnight. Even though the travel advisory from Friday morning is lifted, you're still encouraged to drive with caution as some slick spots are still possible.
- Sleet causes slick conditions for morning commuters
- Slick road conditions catch morning commuters off guard
- Sleet and falling temperatures creating hazardous conditions for drivers
- Overnight snow creates trouble during morning commute
- Rolling slowdowns, ramp closures may change commute
- Early morning shooting leaves one man in critical condition
- Early morning fire leaves man in critical condition
- Beating leaves woman in critical condition
- House fire leaves woman in critical condition
- GOP lawmakers propose new conditions on health bill