FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man facing charges in a critical injury shooting at the end of July was in court Monday morning.
Deon Sanders is facing aggravated battery and gun charges after allegedly shooting James Bartley III and leaving him in the 800 Hamilton Avenue.
Bartley was riding his hoverboard from a friend's house down Hamilton Avenue when he saw Sanders on a porch. Sanders reportedly told Bartley that was his block and shot him.
Bartley was also hit with the gun at least five times. He was able to call his girlfriend, who has a child with Sanders. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Sanders will be back in court for a trial setting on August 29th.
- Shooting suspect appears in court
- Suspect in Lake Avenue shooting appears in court
- Suspect in November murder appears in court
- Thanksgiving home invasion suspect appears in court
- Suspect in 2016 murder appears in court
- Cordell Hughes appears in court
- McNair appears in court for trial setting
- Accused murderer in court for first appearance
- Murder suspect in court
- Cass street murder suspect extradited back to Allen County, appears in court