FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Around 4:05 AM Sunday, officers with the Fort Wayne Police Department went to the 4000 block of Smith Street in reference to a domestic battery investigation.
Officers received information that a woman that was possibly involved in the domestic battery investigation left the residence prior to officer’s arrival.
While at the scene, police were told a woman arrived at a local hospital suffering from apparent gunshot wounds.
Hospital emergency room physicians say the woman has life threatening injuries.
Police say a man from the residence was taken to the detective bureau to be interviewed.
It is believed that the woman that arrived at the hospital may be associated with the domestic battery investigation.
At this time, no arrests have been made in reference to this investigation.
- Shooting leaves woman with life threatening injuries
- Huntington shooting leaves one dead
- Beating leaves woman in critical condition
- House fire leaves woman in critical condition
- Shooting leaves one dead, two seriously hurt
- Early morning shooting leaves one injured
- High school students leave for D.C. for March for Life
- Woman escapes without injuries after car catches fire
- Woman killed in Waynedale shooting
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured