FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- One person is dead and two others are seriously hurt after a shooting early Sunday morning.
It happened just before 1 a.m. Sunday. Police responded to a gas station in the 4200 block of Hanna Street. When they arrived they found a juvenile female inside suffering from a gunshot wound. She was taken to a local hospital and is in serious condition.
Police also found a woman inside a vehicle suffering from a gunshot wound. She was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, but was later pronounced dead.
Several minutes later, police received a call from a man in the 4500 block of Monroe Street who said he was also shot at the gas station. The man is in serious to good condition.
Initial information shows there was some kind of disturbance in the parking lot that led to shots being fired. The juvenile female then ran into the gas station to get help, and the man fled to Monroe Street.
Detectives are canvassing the area for witnesses and evidence. The man and juvenile female will be interviewed by police as soon as possible, but there is no suspect information at this time.
The cause and manner of death, as well as the identity of the woman will be released by the Allen County Coroner.
The incident is under investigation.
- Shooting leaves one dead, two seriously hurt
- Three dead, two hurt in Thanksgiving shooting
- One dead, two others hurt after shooting near downtown
- One dead, one critically hurt in shooting on Congress Ave.
- One hurt in mall shooting
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured
- One dead, one hurt in Waterloo crash
- One person critically hurt after shooting
- Girl critically hurt in accidental shooting
- Two children hurt in Tuesday shooting