FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Woodlan football coach Sherwood Haydock confirmed to FOX 55 via text message on Tuesday night, that pending FWCS Board approval, he will be hired as the next head football coach at Wayne High School.
Haydock has spent the past nine seasons coaching at Woodlan, amassing a 42-18 record, and a Class 2A state runner-up finish in 2017.
Prior to his time at Woodlan, Haydock spent nine years at Harding High School, until the school closed in 2011.
Haydock helped lead Harding to the 2A state title in 2006.
He has a 195-161 overall record over 32 coaching seasons.
- Sherwood Haydock to be next Wayne Football Coach
- Witness in Fort Wayne coach's death sentenced
- Man accused of killing Fort Wayne high school football coach found not guilty.
- Fort Wayne coaches team up to help beat cancer
- Adams Central football coach arrested on child molestation charges
- Pete Kempf stepping down as DeKalb Football coach
- Purdue Fort Wayne women’s basketball head coach placed on administrative leave
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- College football players shave their heads to support coach battling cancer
- This football coach disarmed a student with a gun. Then he hugged him