FORT WAYNE, Ind.(WFFT)- Last year, a burst pipe ruined much of the main floor of the home where Emery Merriman operates her shelter.
Recently, someone broke into the house and stole many of the items she was using to fix the place up.
Now she's trying to pick up the pieces while low on funds.
"That has basically put a stop on everything, and it was already at a crawl because I haven't really been able to take in a lot of animals or really help anybody like I normally would,"Merriman, owner of Paws and Claws Small and Exotic Animal Rescue said.
Merriman said the furnace and water heater were replaced.
Pipes were repaired except the one in the shower.
The shelter focuses on all small and exotic animals such as chinchillas, gliders, hedgehogs, birds, rodents, fish, and reptiles like snakes.
There is a gofundme if you would like to help:
- Shelter in need of help
- Huntington church opening homeless shelter
- Crossroad Services to open emergency girls shelter
- Muncie animal shelter offering $20 adoptions
- Kittens at shelter looking for a home
- Allen County Animal Shelter is overcrowding
- Local biker organization helps women's shelter
- FWACC joins campaign to save shelter cats
- Allen County SPCA, shelter argue over euthanized dog
- Vincent House helps homeless families in need, local shelters nearing capacity