FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Allen County Health Department said sexually transmitted infections are on the rise in Allen County.
New statistics were released from the Allen County Health Department showing the rates of the diseases that are close to 4,000 reported cases.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
There's been a 57% increase in Gonorrhea and Chlamydia cases from 2014 to 2019.
There was a 12% increase in chlamydia cases last year.
In 2019 alone, there were 2,793 reported cases, and a 28% decrease in newly diagnosed HIV cases.
There were 21 reported last year.
There was an 8% increase in all STI cases in 2019 over 2018.
- Sexually transmitted infections on the rise in Allen County
- RSV on the rise in Allen County
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- Coronavirus prevention in Allen County
- Allen County commissioners host "County Night Out"
- Allen County sees big STI increase
- Fire damages house in northwest Allen County
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County