FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Fort Wayne Fire Merit Commission upheld discipline actions against seven firefighters Tuesday.
FWFD chief Eric Lahey wrote up seven firefighters after a piece of medical equipment wasn't in a med kit for 15 days.
Lahey said three of firefighters appealed the decision.
Union president Jeremy Bush told FOX 55 those firefighters were written up for violating driver policies.
Per department policy, the driver is responsible for making sure everything is ready to go.
However, Bush said the firefighter on the back of the truck is the one who is assigned the med kit.
The Merit Commission said it stood by the chief based on the written policy, but it are open to re-working the policy.
- Seven Fort Wayne firefighters disciplined for forgetting medical equipment for days
- Discipline in Fort Wayne Fire Department causing tension between administration, firefighters
- How Fort Wayne police stay equipped to handle school shootings
- Fort Wayne Firefighter arrested at fire station
- Firefighters respond to Fort Wayne apartment complex
- Fort Wayne VA Medical Center unveils new renovations
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne International Airport celebrates Princess Day
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds "Enrichment Day"
- Fort Wayne celebrates World Wetlands Day