FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Flushing old pills down the toilet or throwing them into the trash can be very bad for drinking water and our environment.
September 28, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. is the day to bring expired/unwanted pills most Walgreens locations across Allen County for drop off. There has been over 61,000 pounds of unwanted pills collected in Allen County since 2003.
Here are the drop-off locations:
* 5830 N. Clinton Street at St. Joe Center Road
* 6202 W. Jefferson Blvd. at Getz Road
* 6730 Bluffton Road at Lower Huntington Road
* 330 W. State Street at Wells Street
* 907 Lincoln Highway West at Brookwood (New Haven)
* 10170 Maysville Road at Chapel Ridge
* 1701 E. Paulding Road at South Anthony Blvd.
* 5435 E. Dupont Road at Tonkel Road
* 10211 Chestnut Plaza Drive at Scott Road (Chestnut Hills)
* 11932 Lima Road at Carroll Road
* 10412 Coldwater Road at Dupont Road
* 2410 N. Coliseum Blvd. at East State Street
* 6201 Stellhorn Road at Maplecrest Road
Lutheran Hospital (Walgreens)
* 7950 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Parkview Regional Medical Center (11109 Parkview Plaza Dr.)
Here are ongoing collection sites"
* Allen County Sheriff (Huntertown Town Hall)
* Fort Wayne Police (Edwin J. Rousseau Centre Lobby, One East Main St)
* New Haven Police (815 Lincoln Highway East)
Walgreen’s Drug Stores:
* 6202 W. Jefferson Blvd. (Walgreen’s Location)
* 6201 Stellhorn Rd. (Walgreen’s Location)
* 10412 Coldwater Rd. (Walgreen’s Location)