FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Before you know it, the festive season will be upon us.
To help customers get those cards, letters and packages to their destination in time for the holidays, the Postal Service will be open at certain Post Offices on Sundays Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15 and Dec. 22.
The Post Office on Stellhorn road is the only one in Fort Wayne that will have these holiday hours.
All Post Offices will be open on regularly scheduled hours on Wednesday.
All Post Offices will be closed on Thursday for Thanksgiving.
USPS says there will be no mail delivery, caller service or Post Office Box service.
Regular service will resume on Friday.
Commercial customers are asked to check with their Bulk Mail Acceptance Unit for hours of operation.
To obtain the phone number of a specific Post Office, customers may call (800) ASK-USPS.
Customers requiring postal services can use the Self Service Kiosk (SSK) available at select Post Offices.
The ATM-like kiosk, which accepts debit and credit cards only, can handle 80 percent of the transactions conducted at the retail counter such as buying stamps, mailing a parcel, or shipping an urgent letter or package by Express or Priority Mail.
To find SSK locations, customers can go to www.usps.com.
- Fort Wayne Post Office open on select Sundays for the holidays
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday
- Fort Wayne officer under investigation
- Fort Wayne "painted blue" for NCAA Tournament selection
- Holiday Cab returns to Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne getting decked out for holidays
- Fort Wayne ready for Sunday alcohol sales
- Gander Outdoors opens in Fort Wayne
- New brewery now open in Fort Wayne
- Hampton Inn opens in downtown Fort Wayne