FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- For the second time in two days a child was shot inside a Fort Wayne home.
Police responded to a shooting call at the 3800 block of Euclid Avenue at 10:43 p.m.
Officers found a 13-year-old boy with gunshot wounds not believed to be life-threatening.
Investigators say someone knocked on the door of the home. When the teen answered multiple shots were fired.
Neighbors who spoke with FOX 55 say they confused the gunfire for fireworks.
Robin Barkdull has lived in the area for 6 years. He says this usually doesn't happen so close to where he lives.
Barkdull said "I’ve never really had a problem since I’ve been here. I mean, that got shot up last night and I guess when the fellas just moved in a couple of years ago, I guess they got shot at, but I’ve never had any problems."
Police say they have no suspects at this time.
They're asking for help solving both this shooting and a shooting early Sunday morning that left an 8-year-old boy wounded.
"We need to continue to work together to put an end to this" Sgt. Sofia Rosales-Scatena said in a statement. "Please come forward with any information you may have about these or any other shootings."
However, Barkdull believes this sort of thing may be hard to stop.
"I don’t want it to be the norm, but I believe it’s going to happen for a while until they can calm down... some of these gang guys around here," Barkdull said.
FWPD are investigating a shooting on Euclid Ave last night that injured a 13 year old boy. This is now the 2nd shooting this year where a minor was injured. pic.twitter.com/EX5zbSSgoT
— Caleb Saylor FOX 55 (@CSaylorFOX55) January 14, 2020
- Second child shot inside Fort Wayne home in 2 days
- Fort Wayne school bus shot
- 8-year-old boy inside Fort Wayne home wounded by gunfire
- Fort Wayne police discover 2 bodies inside Riedmiller Avenue home
- Two people shot in Fort Wayne Tuesday
- Girl,4, shot inside car
- Woman found dead inside Fort Wayne hotel room, arrest made
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds "Enrichment Day"
- Fort Wayne celebrates World Wetlands Day