PORTLAND, Ind. (WFFT) - A second Jay County wind farm received its final local approval Wednesday.
The Jay County Council approved Scout Energy's tax abatement for the Bitter Ridge Wind Farm.
Many neighbors have spoken against building a second wind farm in the southern portion of the county.
The Jay County Plan Commission approved Scout Energy's plan in June.
Scout Energy plans to start construction in 2019.
- Second Jay County wind farm receives final local approval
- Planning commission approves Jay County's second wind farm
- Jay County residents want to stop a proposed wind farm
- Jay County residents divided on proposed wind farm
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled
- Jay School Corporation approves option to have guns in schools
- Jay County Schools narrows gun access list
- GM, CMS Energy wind farm partnership helping small town
- Jay County Regional Sewer District considering rate hike
- Trade war with China impacts local farms