A second arrest has been made in the death of 2 year old Malakai Garrett.
Malakai was taken to a fire station on North Clinton back in November when he was unresponsive. Malakai was declared dead a short time later. His mother's boyfriend at the time, Mitchell Vanryn, was charged with murder and other death related charges.
Today, officials have charged Malakai's mother, 26 year old Amber Garrett, with two counts of child neglect.
- Second Arrest Made in the Death of Malakai Garrett
- Community remembers 2-year-old Malakai Garrett one year after death
- Fort Wayne man sent to prison for death of 2-year-old Malakai Garrett
- Family, supporters seek justice for Malakai
- Arrest made in stabbing death
- Arrest made in infant death
- Man arrested after Garrett bar fight
- Two arrested for dealing meth in Garrett
- Arrest made in Lillie Street death investigation
- Arrest made in Regency Inn death investigation