FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-Seasonal landscapers around the Summit City got a lot of rest Thursday so that they could be out all night, clearing away the snow.
We spoke with Lawn Stars Landscaping who says the day started off with lots of rest. Sometimes shifts can take up to 24 hours. Next, they make sure all the crews communicate effectively to plow roads and their client's properties as quickly as possible. Owner Jordan Bobay says it's also important for the rest of us to be prepared.
"Getting your errands out of the way, plenty of food and water in the house so you don't find yourself trying to run out for a meal or get something for the kids just to eat. So trying to have all that in the house before the weather comes so you don't get caught up in the traffic which is one of where the biggest dangers are in a situation like what we're getting ready to get into."
Boybay says if the snow is bad enough it's likely he and his crews will be working into Friday night. He says if you plan on traveling, always tell someone where you are headed.
- Seasonal landscapers prepare for snow removal
- People enjoy the first snow of the season
- Mallers Preparing for Big Sophomore Season in Muncie
- Lawyer removed in death penalty case
- South Side High School removing ivy
- City prepares for winter roads
- Free tax preparation begins Saturday
- Schools preparing for severe weather
- FBI removed agent from Russia probe for anti-Trump messages
- Study: Gun removal law reduces suicides in Indiana