FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The search for a man in the St. Joseph River at State Boulevard and Spy Run was called off Wednesday.
Fort Wayne police said officers were called to a domestic situation earlier.
Around 6, officers said the woman involved told police she received a photo of her boyfriend on a bridge saying it the bridge by North Side High School and he was going to jump, shortly after he couldn't be reached.
However, the rails on the bridge didn't match the rails in the photo.
Officers said there were drivers in the area calling claiming a man was standing on the bridge around the same time.
The water search was called around 7:45 p.m. because it was too dark.
Police will continue searching for the man in other locations, if he isn't found, the water search will resume Thursday morning.
- Search in St. Joseph River called off for the night
- Duck Race takes over St. Joseph River this weekend
- Police clear search of St. Marys River after nothing found
- St. Joseph Hospital CEO resigns
- Body identified in St. Marys River
- St. Joseph Hospital chooses new CEO
- Childbirth services ending at St. Joseph Hospital
- Fort Wayne Fire Department now responding to all of St. Joseph Township calls
- Volunteers respond to call for Three Rivers Fest clean up
- Pipeline fails, leaks jet fuel into St. Marys River