TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - A young camel named Scooby is back at home after going on a 90-minute jaunt that blocked traffic and provided an uncommon photo opportunity for motorists in Ohio.
The Blade reports 1-year-old Scooby escaped from his fenced-in home in Springfield Township on Friday afternoon and began walking along township streets, prompting wide-eyed reaction.
A neighbor of the owner who was on her way home from work alerted the Lucas County Sheriff's Office. Owner Nabil Shaheen was then contacted and led Scooby safely home.
Shaheen said he bought Scooby as a baby and is glad no one was hurt.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Scooby the camel returned to Ohio owners after getting loose
- 4 people are found shot to death in an Ohio apartment, and their killer is on the loose
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled
- Stormy Daniels arrested in Ohio
- Wet microburst hits Haviland, Ohio
- Tornado rips through Celina, Ohio
- Jefferson Pointe getting new owners
- Ohio teen accused of killing neighbor
- Ohio man dead after snowmobile accident
- Ohio man dead in auger accident